Seychelles is one of the richest fishing grounds in the world. The abundance of Wahoo, sailfish, Dorado, tuna, lagata and trophies such as Marlin and sailfish, doing fishing tempting for both experienced and novice fisherman.
The types of fishing equipment and fishing in the Seychelles:
Techniques of fishing:
- Big game fishing – trolling with large, specially equipped boats. Trophies can be: sailfish, blue and black Marlin, swordfish, yellowfin tuna, zobaczymy tuna, striped tuna, Bonito, Wahoo, Dorado, big and striped Barracuda, elagat, giant trevally, sistemology of trevally, trevally, cineplasty, deltapatents, trevally and sharks occasionally.
- Bottom fishing – fishing with spinning on poppers and jigs-baits, which usually occurs at the edge of reefs in sharp Svalov depths (40-50 nautical miles from the Islands) and strong currents. Trophies can be: grouper-peacock, Golden grupper, grupper cranberry, tomato grupper, grupper caricabatterie, marble grupper, grupper belopotosky, potato grupper, grupper Chernozemny coral, coral grouper, marble, lunahost, green snapper, two spotted red snapper, snapper trehpolosaya. Was to catch sailfish on a jig .
- Flats fishing – fishing with light spinning and fly-fishing on the vast inter-island shoals, called flejtsami. Trophies can be: yellowfin tuna, Bonito, Wahoo, Dorado, and striped large Barracuda, giant trevally, groupers, snapper, bonefish and some sharks.
- Trolling - fishing from a moving boat. This technique allows to cover space and is the most effective. When trolling it is important to choose the right speed to make the lure look natural and was just the right depth. Using this technique caught mainly pelagic fish ( living in the deep depths), but often trophy become demersal fish rising for prey.
- Casting fishing casting spinning. Artificial lure Wobbler Popper or you need to throw where the fish are. Using this technique most often caught carancas snapper, grouper, Barracuda.
- Jigging is the most simple technique vertical trolling. This is the most common and easiest ways to animate the lure in the open ocean. This technique reminds otlicnoe trolling. Jig-hook use sinker heavy 150 g, United into a soft coupling with a hook. As bait used silicone or natural bait fish. Fishing is subject to drifting ( drifting boat). The most important parameter when drifting - the speed of the boat against the tide. In the Seychelles the most effective fishing jigging occurs in the deeper areas of the ( abrupt change in depth from 80 to 800 metres), 40 miles from Mahe. Using this technique caught almost any bottom fish and sharks, and pelagic fish, including Marlin.
- Fly fishing is an interesting form of fishing in the ocean, in shallow flat areas called flejtsami. White sandy flatsy hard doing bottom fishing wading very comfortable and abound with a great number of large bonefish, milkfish, triggerfish. This technique of throwing almost weightless artificial fly is considered aerobatics among fishermen. The quality of the gear used, fishing rod, reel, cord and faux fly. Using this technique, you can catch Bonito, Wahoo, tuna, Barracuda, grouper, karanxha, snapper and shark.
- The baiting - fishing with natural bait, or live fish. The boat is standing still or moving with a minimum velocity along the depth slope. The bait is lowered to the bottom and held there with weights. So caught a large specimen, or the fish that feed close to the bottom.
The most efficient places are the Islands of Alphonse, Denis, Desroches, bird, Silhouette, Pralin, Frigate.
a Small green island covered with palm trees stretched out their white beaches at 14 km Desroches is surrounded by 80 miles of coral reef and is an ideal place for fishing. On top of that waters of the Indian ocean teem with fish, so great catch and a sea of positive emotions You provided. Here you can engage in any kind of fishing. On the sandy shallow waters used by marine fly fishing (fly fishing), among the coral reefs – fishing spinning (popping), on deep sites – vertical trolling (jigging), as well as trolling, fishing with live bait. Fishing occurs with specially equipped boats under the management of professional fishing guides. There are various forms of fishing - spinning, jigging, trolling. The important thing is that You will not remain without a catch, and the fish You caught, will be a real trophy. From the first minute stay on the island it becomes clear that You are exactly where fishing is one of the main advantages!
Major trophies: the blue-fin trevally (bluefin trevally), giant trevally (giant trevally), Barracuda, groupers, apriori, and sobucesuyu yellowfin tuna, Bonito, Wahoo (wahoo).
If to speak about fishing, there is no better place than the island of Denis, perhaps, to be found all over the Indian ocean. Deep water start in the place where the ends of the shelf are fraught with many discoveries for both experienced and novice fishermen. Only by catching only one fish-dogs in these areas was delivered 5 world records. In addition, it is home to the world's largest tuna and Marlin. Convenient to fishing in the open ocean, aboard yachts that can be rented on the island.
known primarily because of the vast flejtsami and amazing fly fishing. It is connected first of all with a huge food supply in the form of a myriad of crustaceans around the Atoll, and with a very careful attitude to nature of the Atoll. Perhaps nowhere else in the Seychelles there is no such huge populations of these reef sport fish like bonefish (bonefish) and milkfish (milkfish), as well as exotic-colorful species such as the triggerfish (triggerfish), and parrotfish (parrotfish). In addition, there is a chance to get more familiar tropical fish such as permit, trevally (8 kinds!), grupper. Here you can catch sailfish, tuna, Wahoo, bonefish (bonefish), giant trevally (giant trevally), Bessie (milkfish), etc. Fly fishing for giant karanxha, albula, Bessie is carried out in the lagoon of St. Francois. For deep sea fishing you can take a specially equipped boat. Professional fishing guides who have great knowledge of all fishing spots will help make Your fishing more productive. Fishing is a "catch and release". For fly fishing use fishing rods 9-12 class.
Alphonse island is renowned for its international centre for catching flying fish bonefish. Here come the avid fishermen from all over the world to compete in the skill and dexterity with these cunning fish, able not only to swim under water, but also fly up in the air
The climate is subequatorial Maritime. Unlike other Islands in the Indian ocean, the Seychelles lie outside the cyclone belt. From October to may, the ocean is usually quite calm. The average annual temperature is 26-28°C. In a year there are two seasons: dry and temperate from may to November and a wet and relatively hot from December to April. The difference between the seasons usually comes down to the amount of precipitation and frequency of storms. The most frequent rains in January. Storms in the Seychelles occur less frequently than in Mauritius or reunion.
How to get there
In the Seychelles a few airports, but international flights only accepts Pointe Larue, located near Victoria on Mahé island.
The most convenient way to get to the Seychelles - the flight through Europe. Air France offers flights via Paris (journey time - 14h.55min.). You can also get any company to London, Frankfurt, Rome, Milan or Zurich, and from there flights of the national company Air Seychelles.
The most economical airfare is a airfare via Emirates.
The best time to plan for fishing from November to April, at this time the ocean is calm and the fishing more predictable..
- sailfish from November to may
- Marlene November, December, January, February.
- tuna, trevally, snapper, Barracuda, Wahoo, Golden mackerel, reef sharks are caught all year round