The giant arapaima (Arapaima gigas), or as it is called, pirarucu - the largest freshwater fish in the world, its length can reach 3 meters (rumored to have met instances over 4 metres). The maximum registered weight of arapaima - 200 kg. of Interest arapaima is not only its size - it looks like some prehistoric monster. Large thick scales with a raised surface consisting of several layers, so dense that the piranha teeth about it, just crumble. In vivo arapaima enemies has not. What the fisherman does not wish to compete with such a rival.
Fishing for arapaima and other large and strong fish, exciting and gambling. The bite of arapaima powerful and confident, resisting playing - desperate to the last.
We offer tour fishing for arapaima in the tributaries of the Essequibo river (the largest river in Guyana), where you can catch the giant arapaima. The experience and skill of our guides and personnel will ensure not only good fishing, but good, stay as safe as possible. Fishing for arapaima in Guyana will be remembered as a fascinating, full of impressions and positive emotions, adventure.
District fishing: the upper reaches of the river Essequibo
beginning September - October
ending - February - March
Tour duration: 12 days/11 nights/ 8 fishing days.
Members of the group: 8 to 11 people.
The technique of fishing: spinning, fly fishing.
The price includes:
- Local flights, all transfers, guide;
- Accommodation for 2 person in a tent (air mattress, sleeping bag not provided);
- Accommodation in hotels along the route, a 2 - person accommodation (in case of single occupancy in the hotel - the customer pays the difference in cost of accommodation);
- All meals on route camping (hot Breakfast and dinner lunch on the fishing trip), bottled water is simple and sweet along the route;
- Advice guides and guides (English - Spanish - Russian - speaking);
- Fishing license, permission to visit NAT. Park entrance fees where necessary;
- Service staff (4 Indians, 1 cook, 1 guide per group of 4);
- Equipment rental, tent camp, using of boats, canoes, including;
- Fuel usage of the generator route for charging equipment;
- Staff: native American, 1 cook, 1 guide per group in 3 persons;
All loading and unloading operations on the route, including installation/removal of camps
Note: weight of personal Luggage should not exceed 20 kg
The client is obliged to have: repellents (we recommend red gardeks, there is a bug) better Moskito easy, hat, bandana, sunscreen UV from the sun, sunglasses, flashlight , mug, 2 pairs of thin pants, sunscreen, sleeping bag (not thick, the temperature 10 - 30 can be with liner), self-inflating sleeping pad ( we recommend the firm Thermorest) , boots with felt soles (better on the spikes !!!!!!!), , a jacket in case the weather changes or cold weather, waterproof bags under clothes for rafting.